is looking to add an experienced, US-based, front-end engineer to our remote team! This is a contract position, typically contributing between 20–40 hours per week. The initial contract will last for three months but also has the potential to turn into full-time employment.
- Design, build and maintain performant, reliable web and mobile applications.
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests and documentation using React, React Native, Vue, Tailwind and Alpine.js.
- Communicate skillfully with teammates and clients, both written and verbally.
- Actively contribute to code review with peers and clients.
- Partner with fellow engineers to accomplish projects together.
- Cultivate an environment of healthy communication, support, and collaboration.
- Deliver refined features from abstract business requirements.
- Solve complex problems at scale.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a software engineer.
- 3+ years of experience building and designing delightful user experiences as a frontend engineer.
- Proficiency with current frontend technologies including React, React Native, Typescript and Tailwind.
- Pre-pandemic remote work experience.
- Experience with Elixir, Phoenix and LiveView.
- Write the majority of our projects in an Elixir-centric stack, but in our current projects we’re also working in React, React Native, and Vue. We also love Tailwind and Alpine.
- Communicate skillfully with teammates and clients, both written and verbally. We’re able to discuss our work with people who have a wide variety of technical knowledge.
- Are passionate about personal growth as well as helping improve the quality of work across the team.
- Cultivate an environment of healthy communication, support, and collaboration — allowing safe and supportive code review and healthy test coverage.
- Have deep knowledge across a variety of programming practices, such as deployment, performance, debugging, refactoring, and design patterns.
- Solve complex problems at significant scale.
- Write quality, tested, production-ready code.
- Are able to deliver refined features from abstract business requirements.
If you check most or all of these boxes (especially experience with Elixir and the Phoenix framework), we would love to consider you for a front-end engineer contractor position. Most qualified applicants will have 5 to 7 years of professional software engineering experience and have worked successfully on a remote team before.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/township-front-end-engineer