Traction is looking for a Lead Front-End Developer to join our team based in Sunnyvale, CA. You will be part of an integrated team that we've created with one of our leading clients. In this role you will lead a team of developers as well as being an individual contributor to the team.
You'll have the opportunity to code alongside a group of highly-skilled developers, creating engaging experiences. You don't have to come with a digital agency background, but ideally you will have worked with diverse teams, and understand how a start-up or mid-sized company operates working various products.
- Act as the primary technical contact leading a team of 2+ developers
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Developer Manager to ensure requirements and timelines are met
- Create project environments, conduct code reviews and establish standards
- Create responsive HTML5 pages from design comps
- Create CSS3 layouts, ensuring compatibility across all required browsers
- Work with developers, designers, and project leaders to ensure code quality and design fidelity
- Optimize graphic elements, advising where CSS may be used instead
- Work closely with the back-end teams to and integrate front-end code
- Develop and optimize build tools and development systems to support ongoing projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience architecting and developing advanced dynamic front-end projects
- Experience leading small teams of developers
- Demonstrable advanced CSS and HTML5 knowledge
- Experience with frameworks like React and Vue.js
- Extensive experience debugging cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- High attention to detail to maintain design integrity throughout the build process
- Adherence to W3C Standards and Specifications
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Git (Subversion experience a plus)
- General proficiency in Photoshop and Sketch
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly and professionally interact with clients
- Ability to manage time between successfully leading a team and contributing individually
- Skills in Node, WebGL
- Experience with e-commerce
- Knowledge of accessibility specifications
Join an award-winning, digitally-focused, full-service, independent agency staffed by a bunch of folks who love what they do and do what they love. Still on the rise after 19 years of success, you'll enjoy a satisfying suite of benefits, as well as the chance to work on the world's most well-known brand.
Will you accept our mission?
Traction is dedicated to creating meaningful advertising, branding, and experiences for our clients and their consumers. In order to accomplish this, we have fostered a culture rooted in autonomy, empowerment, collaboration, and-occasionally-mischief. We believe that great work is spontaneous, and the best ideas come from a diverse team of creatively-minded individuals. Our goal is to be an agency where the journey getting there is as great as the work itself, and we're looking for the right people to help us do it.