Domino's Next Generation Store Systems (NGSS) group is working to rebuild, from scratch, the software used to run our stores and handle orders from our various ordering channels (e.g., websites, mobile applications, call centers, and conversational commerce solutions). With a new commerce platform in place we will be able to continue to bring new experiences to our customers like our Pizza Tracker, Driver Tracker, and hotspot delivery locations. Join the team that makes all of our new ideas possible across our 17,000+ stores.
A Developer III, Lead has mastered the programming language and core library, including its more complex parts, numerous 3rd party libraries, and the tooling around development, building, debugging, testing, and deploying applications. They understand, at a moderate level, all of the services that make up the system and their inter-relationships and communication patterns. They have a deep understanding of the subset on which they are working and are able to mentor less experienced developers in the design of their code and the larger development ecosystem used within the project.
Team Management & Mentorship - 80%
- Understand the concepts and design of the store system
- Work with solution architects, product owners to understand capabilities, epics, and stories
- Field conceptual and technical questions from team members
- Lead one or two teams of four to six developers
- Create stories and assist developers creating tasks
- Support the generation of sprint plan by helping developers estimate their tasks and help the delivery managers in balancing the team’s work
- Support the delivery managers reporting of the team's status
- Help developers improve the maintainability, performance, and security of their code through code reviews
Development - 20%
- Write, test, and bug-fix, performant code with a special emphasis on stability and long-term supportability. Often this will mean extending the frameworks and libraries upon which many projects are built.
- Write clear, developer-focused documentation for your code and the app as a whole.
- Write good, comprehensive functional tests.
- Help prototype new ideas, concepts, and designs
- 5+ yrs experience as a developer working on large websites
- Experience building responsive web and mobile applications using modern frameworks such React, Backbone, Angular. Experience with single-page apps preferred.
- Expert in front-end build, debug, and profiling tools (e.g., webpack, Grunt, Chrome Developer Tools)
- Excellent team player with good communication skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers
- Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems, and learn new technology