This is a fantastic opportunity for a sharp senior full-stack developer to help us build a state-of-the-art web and mobile e-commerce system and a proprietary AI-driven app that helps people optimize their metabolism all from the comfort of your own home. If youre hungry for a challenge and want to sink your teeth into something meaningful that will immediately improve the lives of others, this is it.
Metabolic Living is a self-funded, profitable, rapidly growing multi-channel DTC health and wellness company with 100+ on our team and on pace to hit $60MM in 2020. While others are struggling in this COVID environment, were fortunate to be thriving as we create exactly what everyone wants. The overall trend towards health and wellness was already a wind in our sails, but COVID lit a match and set our growth on fire, dramatically accelerating things. So, this is your opportunity to help us make a meaningful impact, precisely at the time when the world needs it the most.
Hello, my name is Luis Mata, CTO of Metabolic Living, and I need your help. Im re-architecting our e-commerce and application infrastructure to support our goal of becoming a billion-dollar brand by 2023. Much of this will be driven by AI and machine learning as part of our proprietary Metabolic Optimization System (or Metabolic OSTM) that underpins our customized meals, workouts and coaching programs, as well as our nutraceuticals and functional foods. To that end, our team needs a super sharp full-stack developer who can easily transition between e-commerce and mobile application work.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $125,000 - $150,000 (negotiable for right person)
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 100+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + 15 Days PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Whats Our Culture Like?
Were serious about high-performance, so our culture is built around deep work to allow uninterrupted time for the intense concentration needed to deliver world-class performance. At the same time, real collaboration and transparency is critical to keep us all in alignment and keep office politics out of the equation. These arent just talking points weve implemented specific policies, for example:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly 1-on-1s to support your ability to focus on what matters most
Should You Apply?
If after reading this its screaming this is for me, you thrive coding in every layer of the stack, and
- You LOVE building web and mobile applications that solve big real-life problems
- You LOVE architecting e-commerce systems and dealing with logistical nitty-gritty
- You LOVE toggling between building queries, application logic and front-end code
- You LOVE empathizing as an end-user and delivering clean, efficient code
- You LOVE a high-growth environment and embrace ambiguity
then please read on as youre an ideal fit and wed love to talk to you ASAP!
Note: Weve developed a unique, in-depth application process to help us pinpoint the best candidates. We read every application and will be in touch if theres a good fit. The more you tell, the deeper an understanding we gain and the more meaningful our first conversation will be.
What Does Metabolic Living Do?
The most common question we get is what the heck do you do? Because from the outside in, unless youre a customer, it can be confusing, Theres a reason: We built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. These are all marketed separately under different DTC websites and brands in a direct response (DR) manner.
And now were centralizing everything under our new brand, Metabolic Living, with our flagship website and app launching later this year, transitioning us from purely DR to a multi-channel traditional brand. The website at metabolicliving.com is a temporary one for COVID to raise $45k for frontline health workers. This website will be replaced with the fully branded e-commerce-driven one soon.
Normally, companies launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money. We did that in reverse pinpointing pain points, curating world-class products, validating product-market match, generating cash flow to self-fund our growth, creating our north star (see more below), building out our operational team along the way and then retrofitting the brand on top. Strange path, but here we are. Read our full story here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/metabolic-living/about/.
We provide the full ecosystem of products and services that help you quickly optimize your metabolism so you can feel, look and perform your best, every day yet without the yo-yo struggle of traditional approaches. Rather than a one-sized-fits-all approach like Paleo, Vegan, Keto, etc. we empower you with a flexible framework called our Metabolic OSTM thats 100% customized to you. It allows you to get results fast and to sustain those results as your body, mind and daily life changes as you age. Without this flexible framework, those rigid approaches ultimately backfire, leaving you worse off.
What Type of Person Are We Looking for?
Just as we obsess about creating metabolism-optimizing products that get the most results in the least time, were looking for someone equally obsessed about doing the same thing with efficient code.
Youre a strong self-starter who can take initiative and manage projects without having to be told what to do. You can scope out technical requirements based on business needs, define deliverables, create a project plan and then execute and deliver upon that plan.
Youre are comfortable with and fluent in all facets from the browser to the application layer and to the database. Experience with marketing funnels, e-commerce systems, mobile apps, split testing, and conversion rate optimization is essential.
Youre extremely results-driven and get tremendous satisfaction seeing your work go live quickly and are motivated by seeing the impact it has. While you love to code, you also have empathy for the end user, are curious about consumer psychology and love to solve business problems.
You love autonomy, yet excel in an open, truly collaborative culture of high performers. And you have a fantastic ability to communicate, manage your own projects, delivering on time, on budget & on spec.
- A Curated Team A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible
- A Nurturing Culture A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be
- A Fantastic Lifestyle A 100% remote experience that allows you to work from home, enjoy your family, outside interests, hobbies and passions and have a life :-)
- A Robust Benefits Package Full Insurance (health, dental, vision, disability & life) + Robust 401k + 15 days PTO and additional perks as were constantly upgrading them
If this sounds like a good fit, if youre excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we cant wait to meet you!