Pliancy provides white-glove, high-touch IT consulting services to Life Sciences and Finance organizations (Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Hedge). As a people-first company who invests in the long-term success of our employees, were looking for creative thinkers who like to solve interesting problems.
We challenge the status quo to innovate towards simplicity and sustainability thats what sets us apart. Were driven by doing things the right way, not the quickest or cheapest. We develop API-first, focus on designing well-architected tools, and we care about giving back to the open-source community.
Whether streamlining end-user login flow, or helping automate away the mundane, were driven to innovate towards the very best tools ecosystem for IT consulting with custom software to make their jobs easier. This provides plenty of opportunities for out-of-the-box thinkers looking to grow their career.
Who Are We Looking For?
Youre an engineer to the core: a true innovator. You love solving complex puzzles, whether technical or business-related, through the use of emerging technologies. You arent afraid to ask questions and get creative. You know your stuff, particularly when it comes to web-native software development. Youre highly technical and detail-oriented, but are good at distilling a problem into its most fundamental parts.
Whether an introvert or an extrovert, you appreciate a supportive, adaptive team dynamic and love being counted on for guidance and technical mentoring. You're an attentive, sociable person who connects with the people you support. To you, projects arent merely an exercise in development sprints you build relationships, and as a byproduct, you build trust.
What's an Average Day Like?
You can expect to spend any given day working on a myriad of development projects, be it revamping our internal web platform UI, adding additional functionality to our CLI tools, figuring out how to orchestrate 3rd party SaaS apps via API. A portion of your day will also include performing code reviews and mentoring our eager to learn junior engineering staff.
- Develop and architect RESTful services and APIs
- Manage and optimize CI/CD pipelines
- Write tests for enhanced code coverage (bias for quality over coverage)
- Act as an internal subject-matter expert for other team members to learn from
- Manage development of new features and bug fixes for our front-end web applications
- Contribute to command-line tools built with NodeJS
- Perform code reviews and instructional sessions with junior engineering staff
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous salary, above average pay (110k - 140k dependent on experience and location)
- Cadillac healthcare: Anthem Blue Cross Gold Plan (Premiums 100% covered for employees, 50% for dependents)
- Medical HRA: Company funded reimbursement account to help cover copays, deductibles, and coinsurance
- Dental / Vision
- 401K + 6% Matching (available on Day 1)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Health/Wellness Reimbursement up to $100/mo
- Cell phone covered (reimbursement)
- Home internet covered (reimbursement)
- Commuter benefits
- High profile clients / unique challenges / best in class hardware & technologies
- Competent and fun co-workers who take team work seriously
- Rapid company growth 75% year over year
- Limitless potential for those who go above and beyond
- Flexible schedule for those who are organized self-starters and are good at self-management
- Great culture of working with talented people, we really do treat our people as family
- Clothing allowances, lunch allowances, and other perks