We are growing our team and looking for an experienced and highly motivated professional who can help us advance our online and print identity, as well as our overall brand presence. The Multimedia Designer will report directly to the Creative Director and work closely with the Marketing team to create assets for various initiatives. The primary function of this position is to deliver powerful and compelling, clean and modern, digital and print creative that clearly communicates the brand and effectively engages target audiences. The Multimedia Designer will also serve in a cross-functional capacity to collaborate with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, and others as necessary to create photographic and video assets that help position the company and its brand with various internal and external audiences. This position requires a highly creative thinker with excellent technical skills and acute attention to detail, as well as the capacity to manage multiple projects with ease. The Multimedia Designer will ensure all work, both creative and technical, is reviewed for accuracy and approved prior to submission. Further, the Multimedia Designer must have a strong and attentive eye for styling, creating layouts and utilizing typography, as well as experience creating marketing collateral in various formats and delivery methods. This position will play a vital role in the continued growth of our company.
We expect to see a digital portfolio of work to be considered for this role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create visually appealing and technically accurate/appropriate designs while adhering to strict deadlines for B2B- and B2C-specific projects and initiatives as prioritized by Senior Leadership.
- Work to develop and maintain all aspects of collateral, property and asset design, including pre- and post-production processing (i.e., color correction, re-touching, adding details, etc.).
- Provide support to team members and Senior Leadership as requested.
- Serve as the go-to resource for logo usage and brand identity guidelines for internal and external constituents, and act as a brand ambassador for the company by ensuring all branding standards are met.
- Manage the day-to-day development and execution of customized collateral for B2B- and B2C-specific projects and initiatives.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on visual designs, layouts and effective ways for delivering technical information in an easy-to-understand and appealing manner.
- Recommend preferred design programs that yield the best deliverables for the company.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to help oversee the company's branded item inventory.
- Design and edit print and digital graphics in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Review and proof all content and materials upon delivery for correctness and resolve inconsistencies or deficiencies for the execution of finished products/design work.
- Administer assets and creative updates to print, website and all social media channels, and make suggestions to improve branding and creative.
- Develop consistent, complementary, and cohesive graphic design themes across all marketing channels and give/receive constructive design critique.
- Edit, manipulate, and color correct all types of assets using Photoshop.
- Utilize creative ability to produce one-of-a-kind photography and videos for the company's family of brands by photographing and producing, shooting, and editing video content.
- Responsible for producing photographic images and videos assets that will resonate with our target audiences and drive a high level of brand awareness, interest, views, and engagement.
- Utilize knowledge of compression to optimize all video file sizes, quality, and loading speeds.
- Propose creative shooting and marketing solutions for photography and video production and develop storyboard design.
- Manage and maintain an in-house electronic library of all photography and video content, and photography and video equipment.
- Maintain and adhere to production calendar to ensure completion of photography and videos within proposed deadlines.
- Manage all liability releases on photography and video shoots (i.e., location, image, etc.).
- Stay current on the latest on photography and video equipment, software, lighting, and industry trends.
- Take photographic portraits of Senior Leadership, employees, facilities, etc. as needed.
- Responsible for capturing photography and video for various corporate events, including on-site and offsite locations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in multimedia design, including producing/shooting/editing photography and videos
- Extremely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Lightroom, After Effects)
- Experience creating, developing, and maintaining a wide variety of marketing materials and marketing communications
- Experience designing for various print formats such as direct mail, event signage, marketing brochures and collateral, package design, etc.
- Understanding of pre-press production/output, specs, and printing guidelines
- Experience designing for web and digital, including social media
- Must be a strong conceptual designer who is able to create cohesion across a range of deliverables
- Must be a self-starter who is able to prioritize workload effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure without compromising creativity or accuracy
- Proficient in all forms of lighting, camera/video equipment, mics, and sound editing and recording
- Understanding of multiple video output formats, codecs, and compression rates
- Ability to conceptualize, articulate, and produce innovative ideas for new content
- Ability to use colors, shadows, shades, light, and distance to compose premium photography and video content
- Ability to edit, color grade, and manipulate raw footage
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced workplace environment, and remain positive and productive
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have excellent customer service skills, including a team-oriented approach to management of customers' needs
- Must have the ability to use good business judgment in making decisions
- Must be able to consistently meet deadlines and work in a cross-functional capacity
- Must have high standards for excellence and quality
This position requires thinking outside the box and a strong understanding and enthusiasm for how content is consumed. A positive, can-do attitude is paramount and the ability to take direction and interact productively during brainstorming sessions is expected. This position may require other duties not mentioned above. Individuals may be responsible for other administrative tasks or be required to assist with other roles/departments as needed.
Hours may vary for this role.
Job Type: Full-time