Givecloud helps organizations build trust through our best-in-class donor experience which drives engagement, relationships and ultimately, healthier fundraising. We're recruiting a talented, motivated and passionate Senior React Developer with a bit of Backend experience who is looking for a chance to do something that matters - to make a long-term difference in their career, in the lives of their co-workers, and leave their mark on humanity. Our competitive advantage is our belief that organizations should be focused on Trustraising, not Fundraising - join us in our journey to make that happen!
Our senior developers are dedicated professionals passionate about writing great code, shipping great code, and making the best product possible. This team is the heart of Givecloud and given full autonomy to make data-driven and innovative product decisions, informed by the CX and Marketing teams.
- Consistently able to develop & deliver high quality, detail-oriented user experiences (from sketches, breadboards and flows to final deliverable)
- Evolving our existing Server Side App to a Single Page React Application
- Collaborating with our customer service and growth teams on scoping new features
- Prototyping new features and seeing what works and what doesn’t
- Helping to design and evolve our software development process
- Ability to support the backend team when necessary
- Bring a focus to application performance, WCAG accessibility and browser compatibility
Who You Are
- You are someone who wants to iterate quickly, test theories, and build from solid user driven results.You are someone who wants to iterate quickly, test theories, and build from solid user driven results.
- Constantly learning and increasing your knowledge & skills
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented team player who can thrive in a remote environment
- You care deeply about the user experience, never shying away from the last mile to create something truly delightful
What you’ll need
- 3-5+ years experience as a React developer (thorough understanding of state management, context, hooks, lifecycle)
- Experienced with the full development life cycle, including understanding customers needs , architecture, design, coding, testing, and delivery of solutions
- Experience with Jest (or other testing frameworks)
- Experience with backend development using server-side frameworks, such as PHP/Laravel or NodeJS/Express
- Database skills (in one of the following or similar: Elasticsearch, Postgres/PostGIS, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with CSS/SCSS
- Experience with using development tooling (Github, NPM, Command Line)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience working in an environment that develops in quick iterations, on-the-fly planning, balancing shifting priorities and uses retrospection to constantly improve their process