SALARY: $110,000 - $130,000 USD
LOCATION: Remote only, US based
Mailshake is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Node.js Engineer to help us implement new features and functionality for our simple yet powerful sales engagement software for sales professionals. You’ll work closely with other members of the Engineering team to continue building out our applications, services, APIs, and backend systems to move our platform forward.
About the Position
The Node.js Engineer is responsible for writing backend code to enhance Mailshake’s applications and services in the form of new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. You’ll use your strong Node.js skills to wire-up backend code to the frontend, create new internal and public API endpoints, and modify existing services to support additional functionality.
This is a remote-only position and thus requires the ability to get work done with minimal supervision, but should also be able to communicate effectively with other members of the team on an as-needed basis. The person in this role should have a steady pace of feature delivery while maintaining high quality code.
- Feature development
- Write code to implement new features for Mailshake’s applications and services, including unit and integration tests, as well as writing any necessary documentation.
- Software maintenance
- Maintain the Mailshake codebase by troubleshooting, debugging, and writing code to fix bugs, address security concerns, increase performance, and refactoring where appropriate to improve code flow and structure.
- Support and monitoring
- Provide up-level support for customers and internal teams to ensure customer happiness and satisfaction. Monitor system alarms and notifications to proactively fix and address potential performance and reliability issues.
- Implement application features in a consistent, timely manner.
- Provide estimates for feature development work.
- Provide up-level support for internal, customer-facing teams.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to understand priorities and schedules.
- Work closely with the Product team to understand feature needs and usability.
- Monitor production applications, services, and databases for possible issues.
- Enhance backend databases with schema changes and ETL processes.
- Review pull requests from other members of the Engineering team.
- Deploy code to production using our CI/CD pipeline.
- Participate in feature reviews to give feedback to the Product Manager.
- Prior work in a software engineering role with a focus on Node.js.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice To Haves
- Prior remote, work-from-home experience in a software engineering role.
- Prior work in a SaaS company.
- Familiarity with developing applications to run in a cloud infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Angular, and any of the following AWS technologies: Aurora RDS, ElasticCache/Redis, ECS/Fargate, SQS, Lambda, EC2, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch.
Mailshake is a profitable, bootstrapped, and fast-growing startup looking to expand our product offering with the feedback of thousands of happy customers. We believe in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer flexible schedules, paid maternity/paternity leave, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, and other perks that come with being a remote company.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Mailshake, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. Mailshake is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/mailshake-node-js-engineer