Headquarters: United States (Remote)
is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our US-based remote team.
As a core member of our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for implementing new functionality within Localize’s core product and building performance-critical backend systems.
As a Localize engineer, you’ll work on many interesting problems including backend systems that process billions of API transactions and many terabytes of data per month. You’ll build REST APIs that power our SPA frontend, and will quickly become a key member of our tightly knit (and fully remote) engineering team.
- Implement new features + functionality within Localize’s core product
- Build scalable and performant APIs that process billions of API transactions and terabytes of data per month
- Optimize performance-critical systems such as worker queues and data ingestion pipelines
- Actively contribute to product and architecture decisions
- Collaborate with other remote engineers and participate in peer code reviews
- Diagnose production bugs throughout the development cycle
Technologies: Experience with these specific technologies a plus, but not strictly required
- Datastores: MongoDB (Mongoose.js ODM), Redis, S3
- Infrastructure: AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Route53, etc
- DevOps / Misc: Git/Github, Jira, CircleCI, Mocha
Experience and Qualifications:
- 6+ years experience architecting and building production backend systems at scale
- Experience writing, maintaining, and integrating REST APIs written in Node.js
- Experience building and maintaining high-traffic APIs, writing performant applications, and crafting efficient database queries / data structures
- Enthusiastic about learning, working within, and architecting high impact systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
You’ll be joining a close knit and talented team, with plenty of opportunity for professional growth. We offer compensation + benefits that are on par with large companies, while also placing a high value on maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salary ($90,000 - $120,000)
- 401(k) plan + 4% matching
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Work anywhere in the US (we are 100% remote)
- Shiny new Macbook Pro 16” (or computer of your choice)
- Monthly stipend for home internet costs
- Generous PTO package