Headquarters: New Hampshire
Altos is a collaborative team-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. We’ve been around since 2003, designing and building high-quality, custom website solutions for a variety of industries nationwide.
At Altos, team members are encouraged to think outside of the box, be creative, and push the envelope. Ideas are welcomed and generated through brainstorming, and collaboration. The pipeline is always full, deadlines can run tight, critical projects are always on the table, but everyone pulls together to “get it done” because they love what they do. We are committed to process improvement to better manage workflows and the addition of this position to our team is an example of steps towards that goal.
Additional Details : This is a full -time job, and our home base is Bedford NH. We will give special consideration to qualified candidates who can work locally but will consider remote candidates. Please no recruiters. Check us out at altosagency.com to see what we’ve been building lately.
Position Overview: We are seeking a strong PHP developer with experience building custom and complex WordPress themes and plugins to join our Development team. We are a digital marketing agency that builds custom solutions for our clients. Our team is encouraged to experiment with new technology and maximize our capabilities.
The position supports all phases of the project life cycle and will work within a cross-functional team to assist in building and maintaining custom systems that support the strategic goals and direction of the business.
- Build fully custom websites from concept to completion, utilizing popular open source CMS platform- Wordpress.
- Work with a team of project managers, designers, developers, and other stakeholders throughout the development life cycle (planning, building, testing, deploying, maintaining) to plan the best technical solutions to problems and execute development
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance existing websites
- Code review and provide feedback on the work of other developers
- Improve internal tools and coding practices
- Strong technical knowledge of WordPress development - 2-4 years
- Familiar with code editor Sublime
- Experience with responsive/adaptive design for Mobile/Tablet devices, leveraging the Bootstrap CSS framework.
- Experience writing custom plug-ins and API integrations
- Experience using Git
- Self-directed and confident working in a fast-paced collaborative environment, multi-tasking and the ability to respond to changing priorities are important in this role, with attention to project timeline and budget.
- Able to express and communicate project progress, engage team members in problem solving and keep key stakeholders informed regularly.
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver with an ability to adapt quickly to new web design and application trends.
- Always willing to learn, stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends.
It’s a Bonus if you:
- Familiarity and/or experience with other open-source CMS platforms like Joomla and Drupal.
- Possess a strong understanding of package management and build processes leveraging, NPM, Webpack and Gulp.
- Existing agency experience
Salary is commensurate with experience. Altos offers a competitive benefits package for full-time team members. If you’re interested in joining a fast-paced, growing agency with a strong reputation for building custom web solutions, then we’d love to talk.*
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/altos-wordpress-front-end-developer