Draftable is a world-class document comparison solution, offering a range of products for individuals, teams and enterprises across the world. Our powerful comparison technology and
elegant user-friendly viewer are shared between all our products/platforms.
Draftable Online is our free online service for comparing documents. Our users generate over one million comparisons each year. We are looking to upgrade this service to meet the needs of teams and large organisations.
Draftable is the first publicly launched product of Affinda – supporting companies to embrace AI technologies.
About the role
You will be the technical lead for our front-end web development, including our Draftable Online product and our core comparison viewer. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritise and build features.
You will also be responsible for our public facing website. You will be working with various stakeholders across product, sales/marketing, legal, etc, to maintain and improve the website.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
In addition to supporting the Draftable product, we expect you will be involved in new front-end projects relating to our innovative and growing artificial intelligence business.
Compensation: AUD$85k - $100k per annum
- You have 5+ years of experience with front-end development (JS, CSS, HTML)
- You have 1+ years of experience with React
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself, but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary
- You have a high attention to detail. You are intimately familiar with the complexities of web development, e.g. mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility
- You have a great sense of design. You like building software that delights users. (Graphic design skills are a bonus, but not necessary)
- You have experience being the technical lead of a project and are comfortable both planning/architecting as well as diving into code as an individual contributor.
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially when working in a remote team
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can participate in an English-only work environment
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our core collaboration hours are 12pm-8pm AEST (GMT+10). You will need to have at least 3 hours overlap.
Our services are very stable, and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We are a small, friendly team of experienced professionals. We are all great at what we do and appreciate the value of working with highly competent peers. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture.
Our development process is product-led. We are agile (but not Agile). We like short milestones. We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We like iterating based off user feedback. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. We like good documentation. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but
we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Draftable is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences.
Some things you might do in your first few months
- Take over leadership of our comparison viewer
- Create & setup a new SEM landing page based off a brief from the sales/marketing team.
- Implement a new feature in the comparison viewer from a high-fidelity design
- Work with our Product Lead to iterate on a feature in the viewer
- Implement front-end of an online accounts system for Draftable Online users
- Test & fix major browser compatibility issues
- Replace/rework our email templates (for our automated emails)
- Dive into the viewer rendering code to optimise the performance of a new feature
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter, CV and answer to questions, and we'll be in touch. We look forward to considering your application.