We're looking for a design-minded HTML/CSS expert to help us improve and expand our rapidly-growing online education platform
. Our ideal candidate pays high attention to detail, has an eye for design, and is passionate about clean, reusable code. We have a small team, so you'll have a lot of responsibility working on various projects in different areas of the business. You'll work directly with our product team while coordinating with our backend developers to build new pages, upgrade existing UIs, and create slick, system-generated emails that delight our users. In addition, you will work closely with our growth team, implementing A/B tests and making other important updates to our public site.
You'll be a great fit if:
- You love building pages and UIs from scratch with HTML/CSS based on mocks.
- You have an eye for design, and you care about pixel-perfect precision.
- You have experience with and enjoy using patterns like BEM, SMACSS, etc...
- You have lots of experience with Sass, and you're all about reusable placeholders, mixins, and variables.
- You embrace the principle of DRY in your HTML/CSS development (see bullet above).
- You have deep experience working with and implementing design systems.
- You’re well versed in CSS3 capabilities (e.g. flexbox) and have general knowledge of cross-browser support of CSS features.
- You champion accessibility and regularly apply best practices in your work.
- You work extremely well with others and collaboration is a key factor in your past successes.
Essential Skills Summary:
- Expert level HTML/CSS
- 2+ years experience in building & implementing design systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Competitive salary
- Work from home always (we’re a fully distributed team with members in NYC, Lisbon, and more)
- Remote working allowance
- Flexible hours (you set your own schedule)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Occasional in-person team retreats (public health guidelines permitting)
- Work on an awesome product that’s innovating in the online education space and teaching people modern design skills all over the globe
How to apply:
Click the button below to apply for this role via our Typeform by 18:00 ET on Friday September 25th
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application by the end of Friday September 25th.