As a full stack engineer, you will be working as part of the product team to build all aspects of our services designed to help people get a fulfilling job. This will include front end, back end, API design, and data management.
To succeed in this position, you must have a self-starter attitude. You will be given general goals, and it will be up to you to figure out how to accomplish them in terms of implementation. This requires high-level of creativity and ability to deal with uncertainty since the situation changes quickly.
You must also be a team player. This is not just an empty slogan. You must be comfortable with constant brainstorming, whiteboard sessions, and interactions with people both inside and outside the development team on multiple projects.
The team is growing fast:
The quality and scalability of our codebase is key.
Chance is a mix of psychology and technology. Coaches are involved in tech, we expect engineers to be involved in return.
Our product is tackling a complex subject:
Helping people find purpose in life and accompany them until they get a new job, high uncertainty in execution is our daily pace.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN A NUTSHELL :
- Application development for our internal and external users
- API Design, Database design and Tech Architecture
- Get involved in product design process, bringing your tech expertise to challenge the envisioned solutions
- Pushing forward our technical stacks by testing and implementing new paradigms
OUR STACK & TOOLS :
- Design: Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Specify, Zeplin
- Frontend: ReactJS, Typescript, Styled components, Storybook, GraphQL
- Backend: NodeJS/Express, Typescript, GraphQL, Knex, PostgreSQL
YOUR PROFILE: We are looking for an high-agency team player, able to lead projects and collaborate with other teams.
- Strong alignment with Chance vision and mission
- You have already worked in a startup environment
- You have 7 years+ fundamental hands-on experience in ReactJS NodeJS
- You have a strong UX and aesthetic sensibility — you love well crafted pixels
- You have a deep interest in simple and maintainable code — testing and scalability in mind
- You have practical experiences in GraphQL
- Strong knowledge in relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Fluent written and spoken English