Sr. Front-end Developer
You have strong technical design and creative skills to contribute to our set of software libraries and SDK’s to help our customers build unique, compelling experiences utilizing our features and their content without compromising on the user experience. From day one, you must be able to hit the ground running and bring all your experience to the team to make the experience integrating our products the best that it can be. Most importantly, you have a positive "can-do" attitude and a passion for delivering technical solutions in a fast-paced startup environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborating with product, design, and development teams both inside and outside the company to plan new features.
- Designing the API’s and data models provided by our SDKs that clients will use to extend their own apps and websites.
- Developing sample applications to help clients get started quickly in understanding the capabilities of the SDKs and the best ways to use it.
- Optimizing our SDKs along many axes: developer-friendliness, customizability, and reliability.
- Supporting clients as they integrate our SDKs into their own products with documentation, sample code, and correspondence.
- Automating tools and processes that our team can rely on for daily development, testing, and release management.
- Releasing new features that clients can customize and integrate into their own products at regular intervals.
- Monitoring crash logs and developer feedback to identify points of improvement in the products.
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in similar roles.
- Considerable experience building developer-facing products like software libraries, frameworks, and SDKs. Experience working at a SaaS company is appreciated.
- Deep understanding of how to interact with HTTP APIs. Nuanced opinions on API design such as RPC vs. REST is a plus.
- Have complementary skills such as API design, data modeling, and technical writing.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with a distributed team.
- Understand and practice agile development methodology.
- Working knowledge of User Experience design best practices. Ability to translate user stories into visual designs, mockups and wireframes using industry standard tools, like In Vision.
- Strong skills with HTML5, CSS, Basic JS, Responsive Bootstrap, Material Design, LESS/ SASS.
- Experience with relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases would be an added advantage.
- Experience with modern software engineering workflows and tools (e.g. Agile, JIRA, Git, CI/CD, Amazon Web Services, ELK, APM).
- Extremely passionate about code reviews, engineering best practices and mentoring/coaching the developers to make them successful.
- Ability to incorporate new technologies as required.
WHAT WOULD BE COOL
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Operational (DevOps) experience by managing deployments, QA, scripting in AWS.
- Strong experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Enjoy creating solid, clean code so you won’t hate yourself the next time you visit it
- Takes regular direction from more senior level staff.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and programming ability Initiative and drive to contribute
- Ability to work in global cross-office teams
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Exposure to diverse clients and projects
- Be part of a rapidly expanding, dynamic, and committed company
- Work in a global and intellectually stimulating environment
LiveLike strives to be a diverse and inclusive company. We know that different voices, experiences, and points of view will only strengthen our work and culture. We welcome and encourage people from all walks of life, all genders, orientations, races, ethnicities, and religions, to apply!