Headquarters: Richmond, VA
This is a remote position, and it is open to European candidates only. You will be managing 100% remote team.
Bonfire is an ecommerce platform where anyone can design and sell custom apparel online with a no-inventory campaign-based model. Our users range widely, including nonprofits raising money and building brand awareness, content creators engaging their audiences, individuals launching personal fundraisers and everything in between.
We build software that facilitates just about every aspect of buying or selling custom apparel online. Our UX-heavy modules include our self service merchandise design tool and campaign/store setup flows which dovetail into our highly trafficked campaign pages & checkout flows. We also build for the supply chain & logistics side of our business, with portals and services that serve admin, preproduction, design and fulfillment needs.
As Director of Engineering you’ll report directly to the CTO and lead our company’s engineering planning efforts while ensuring that every feature that we ship is made with quality and delivered on time. You’ll be a key contributor to our close-knit executive & leadership team, helping make company-level decisions. Our tremendous growth needs a process-driven, systems thinker to help translate our vision into long term success.
Are you ready to join an amazing company doing good in this wonderful world?
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Leading and monitoring the progress of engineering teams (20 people)
- Help Bonfire hire and manage best developers, keep them engaged and motivated
- Own and improve processes, tools and systems for day-to-day activities of our Dev team
- Attend organizational meetings in Leadership and represent Dev’s perspective and impact; communicate with the executive team and help guide company planning from the tech perspective
- Communicating the strategic vision to directors and managers, ensuring that each individual team’s work aligns with the company’s broader goals
- Orchestrate architecture decisions in coordination with the Product & Dev teams, and help make final decisions on complex integrations and infrastructure projects
- Overseeing the execution of large initiatives & features, from the initial brainstorming session to the finished product
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- 3+ years management experience (ideally with managing remote teams)
- Familiarity with modern development methodologies (including planning & reporting)
- Familiarity with AngularJS, Spring (Java), Postgres, Linux
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary + annual bonus
- World class benefits including unlimited PTO + holidays