Job Title: Backend Software Engineer (Node.js) - REMOTE
SemanticBits is seeking a Backend Software Engineer with experience working in Node.js, postgres (or similar relational database), Neo4j, and AWS services including Lambda and Kinesis. You will work on a closely knit Scrum team to solve complex backend problems, such as integrating external services into our services, adding and modifying database structures, and implementing new REST services in Node.js with a focus on security, performance, and scalability. You will dig into business requirements and implement complex logic using modern technologies. We believe strongly in test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment, and we have a strong DevOps mindset. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- 3+ years of experience building enterprise-scale backend REST services using an API-first paradigm
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building services with Node.js
- Intimate knowledge of crafting highly performant database queries using frameworks like Sequelize, knex, or other query builders/ORMs
- Hands-on experience implementing relational database structures, including tables, indexes, views, etc.
- Experience working with graph databases such as Neo4j
- A mindset towards building systems for the cloud and DevOps fundamentals
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure, such as EC2 and RDS
- Hands-on understanding of virtualization and experience with Docker
- Focus towards building security, performance, and scalability into services from the beginning
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in technological or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.