At LocusLabs, we are on a mission to democratize and distribute venue maps and location data to any screen and make it easy for anyone to discover and navigate any complex building.
Today, we are a leader in the airline and airport industry but we aren’t stopping here. There are millions of large buildings all over the world that can benefit from our mapping products.
Our current customers include United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue, Lufthansa, along with over 30 global airport customers.
quickly that are used by millions of people!
What You’ll Do
- Build high-performance map products for the web. Our core product features include our proprietary indoor / outdoor map data, point of interest data, search, navigation, API integrations and more used by millions of users.
- Work with other engineers on your team and within the company to imagine, design, and build tools and applications to make our products faster and easier to deploy.
- Collaborate with designers, Product Managers, and other engineers to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure.
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team.
IMPORTANT - In order to be considered for this position, please make sure you read the following:
- Include a short paragraph on your application about why you want to work for LocusLabs
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar field.
- Ability to overcome obstacles autonomously, self-motivated, “get it done” attitude.
- You absolutely love crafting amazing web applications and products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. We know everyone says this, but we mean it! We have a distributed team and rely on team members that are well organized and
can effectively communicate about their work progress, roadblocks, and dependencies.
- If you are working in a remote capacity, you have experience working with remote teams and understand the communication needs and dynamics of remote team environments.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Our Hiring Process
- The hiring process will consist of a phone interview, manager interview, drug screening, background check, reference checks, and potential employment assessment.
What We Work With
- Styled components
- Maps and geographic coordinate systems, mostly in Mapbox
- OpenGL / WebGL
- AWS - Lambda / S3 / DynamoDB
- REST / HTTP
- Gitlab, Storybook, and Figma
Compensation includes a competitive salary, bonus, and great benefits - 401k, health, dental, vision and more.
LocusLabs is based in Oakland, California and is part of the Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) software group so you will be part of a bigger family that is focused on building the next generation of smart building software.
Work in our Oakland Office or Remote!
This is a full-time position at our office in Oakland, California or you may work remotely. If you are working remotely, we are most interested in North American time zone candidates for
Our office is conveniently located in Jack London Square with amazing views of the waterfront and we are just a short walk from the Oakland Ferry Building (http://bit.ly/oak-sf-ferry) and 12th Street BART (http://bit.ly/oak-12th-BART) stations.