Jetpack is expanding its security team to provide crucial malware protection to WordPress websites. As a Security Researcher you will research and identify vulnerable and malicious code and help the team to develop methods to scan, prevent and remove malware attacks. If you have a knack for solving puzzles and a desire to document and create solutions, this is a great role for you!
The Security Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Have a love for securing and protecting websites and applications!
- Understand security threats, vulnerabilities, and common attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking, social engineering, and so on, and how to mitigate them.
- Have a deep understanding of networking protocols like TCP/IP, as well as HTTP/HTTPS
- Are familiar with large scale systems, CDN based content delivery, WAF protection, Data partitioning, and Database Replication.
- Are highly collaborative and love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- Are open, and able, to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet up with your teammates in person.
- Experience with penetration testing and associated tools
- Previous experience with malware detection systems
- Reported vulnerabilities in the past
- Know your way around WordPress and its file and database structures.
- Have experience writing and debugging WordPress plugins and themes.
Speaking of interests and skills, here are some areas in which you can grow and have further impact in the future at the company:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. We are looking to having you in the process with us.