Textile is a lab dedicated to building and exploring new technology
to help decentralize consumer applications. We believe that the world’s
most valuable future technology will be built on a new model where
individuals have complete agency over the data they create. Our mission
is to make that future happen faster.
Textile is known for building simple yet powerful developer tools that extend three families of protocols: Libp2p, IPFS, and Filecoin. You can learn more about our tools by reviewing our documentation and checking out some of our GitHub organization. We are a fully open source company with a strong focus on community.
We are a small, fully remote team (Twitter list) aligned in our vision to change the relationship between technology and personal data.
Are you passionate about technology and want to have a significant
impact on its future? Then join us! Our community, vision, and product
make for an exciting place where self-directed, collaborative, good
people will thrive.
As a Senior UI Engineer, you will help lead the design and
development of multiple web-based projects built at Textile. Your first
project will help design and develop the developer portal and dashboard,
one of Textile’s most important upcoming features. In addition to
helping lead the development of one of our core products, you will also
be able to experiment, design, and build demos, mentor and support
external projects, lead and contribute to community events, and more.
This role is for someone with strong coding experience who likes to
experiment, design, and learn new things. We are looking to fill this
Ideal Experience and Skills
- 5+ years experience, including strong design background and front-end engineering output.
- Skilled communicator with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity, professionalism, and self-motivation.
- Self-starter with interest in influencing and making critical product decisions.
- Open-source project experience. GitHub/GitLab links greatly appreciated.
- Familiarity with IPFS or related technologies.
- Attention to detail and a passion for software design.
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Textile is a fully remote company spanning GMT-3 to GMT-7. While
being small, we've found that it is helpful to have a high level of
overlap as a team, so we will give preference to applicants that fall
within or close to those timezones.
Learn more about us at https://textile.io, https://docs.textile.io, and see some of our output on @textileio.