Headquarters: Victoria, BC, Canada
SyncWith is looking for a talented backend engineer to join our small startup’s team. We’re on a mission to build the world’s simplest way for marketers to report and manage their performance and analytics in tools they already use: Google Sheets, Looker Studio, and more.
Your primary responsibility will be to build out additional connectors (backend integrations) to 3rd party systems for example Linked In Ads, Microsoft Ads, TikTok Ads. These connectors need to work within the SyncWith product, enabling our users to seamlessly get access to the data they need.
Working at SyncWith your work will immediately be used by many users, and you’ll be in a position to track and confirm how well its working and how its being used based on analytics.
You’ll also get to work alongside talented engineers who love data, tech, and figuring out how to improve their craft!
- Building out new connectors to 3rd party systems, integrating with their API, based on specs and requirements
- Investigating and implementing fixes and improvements that come up based on user feedback, error logging, and usage data
- You’ll need to become an expert in each of these 3rd party’s APIs, this usually involves reading their documentation, experimenting through trial and error, searching on forums, contacting support at these services etc.
- You’ll need to work around issues and limitations in 3rd party APIs, for example translating data to user friendly formats, applying additional transformations, breaking user requests into multiple API requests, combining results of multiple requests - whatever is needed to get the data into the format that marketers need.
- Reliably pushing updates to production through PRs, avoiding any negative impact on users
- Testing your work against 3rd party systems, which often involves creating test data
- Investigating and reproducing often challenging issues reported by users
- Strong expertise working with 3rd party systems via API
- Bonus: you have experience with reporting API(s) with digital ads platforms
- Able to work a full time schedule on PST or EST timezones
Our tech stack
- We use Typescript almost exclusively
- Our backend runs in Node/Express, hosted at render.com
- Postgres is our main data store
- SQLLite is used for on-the-fly data transformations within our connectors
- Other tools we use: Slack, Github, Amplitude Analytics, Sentry, Crisp
- Fulltime (PST/EST)
- Fully remote (Current team members are in Canada)
- Up to 2-3 hours meetings each week, in PST/EST business hours
- Fluent english required
SyncWith was founded in 2020, and we’re a team of 4, primarily engineers. You’ll get to work with an experienced, motivated team, excited about building an incredible product for our users. We’re working in a competitive space, against much bigger companies, and we’re succeeding by being extremely focused and data driven.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/syncwith-senior-backend-engineer-small-team-building-integrations-typescript-node