Last Call Media is looking for someone with a passion for building and testing modern, state-of-the-art web applications. We are seeking either a full-time employee or a contract-to-hire arrangement.
The ideal candidate will have experience using NodeJS, Typescript, and Cypress, and backend framework experience (Express, Koa or similar). Continuous Integration/Testing experience (GitHub Actions, CircleCI) would be a bonus, as would frontend experience (React, Vue, Svelte). We are looking for an advocate of best practices and someone who is willing to be opinionated about what they believe in when it comes to building successful programming projects. The ideal candidate will be able to discuss requirements, provide feedback, and eventually develop the final product to specification.
Last Call Media is a fully distributed company, so you can work from anywhere, but we ask that you be able to commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with New York time (ET), Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do:
- Work with team members to design and implement automated tests for large, distributed systems.
- Work with team members to develop and implement large, distributed systems.
- Participate in team and company retrospectives to help define and refine working agreements and processes to help us work more effectively together as a team.
- Work with frontend and full-stack developers to define data requirements and interoperability.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of digital products and services that delight customers. Specifically, we’re looking for completed projects that leverage NodeJS, Typescript, and/or Cypress.
- *2+ years of similar experience in a digital agency, consultancy, or equivalent setting where you were accountable to several client engagements.
- An obvious drive to grow and learn from the highly-skilled team around you.
- Experience and/or a desire to work remotely.
- Ability to work efficiently, sometimes under tight deadlines
It’d be nice if you also had:
- Strong opinions about testing.
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration solutions using GitHub Actions, CircleCI, or similar.
- Experience with Serverless deployment (the concept, not the framework).
- Experience working on a project integrating many different languages or components.
- Understanding of backend performance, and experience optimizing performance, including API call optimization.
- General comfort with Linux environments.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
- All of us at LCM pride ourselves on being:
- Able to empathize, which helps us understand the needs of the client, the customer, the product, and the team at LCM.
- Highly communicative
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable asking for help
- Experienced with communicating directly with clients
- Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
- A team player in a collaborative environment
- A fast learner
Applicants should submit through the careers section a current resume and cover letter that includes links to a few digital products you completed recently and an answer to the following question: In 3-5 sentences describe 1 thing you would change about working remotely. If you haven’t worked remotely, please try and answer the question anyway! Lastly, while resumes and interviews are a great way to learn more about you, all candidates should be prepared to complete a brief hypothetical virtual recruitment exercise and submit reference(s) upon request.
To apply visit our careers section
The starting salary for this position is $50-90k, commensurate with experience, with comprehensive benefits including an annual professional development budget, and varied, engaging work for enterprise-level clients. If this position already sounds like you or sounds like where you're headed, please reach out! Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter through the careers section and should be prepared to submit a code sample(s) and reference(s) upon request.