Knock is on a mission to revolutionize how people buy and sell homes. With a Knock Home Swap™, homeowners get the certainty and convenience of being able to buy and move into their new home before prepping and selling their old one while saving money compared to selling the traditional way. Working with a local Knock Certified Agent of their choice, consumers skip the hassles of living through repairs and showings, pay only one mortgage at a time, and have home prep covered upfront so their old home sells on the market for the highest possible price.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity, from top-tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The company is headquartered in New York and San Francisco, and operates in Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Dallas, Fort Worth and Phoenix with more cities on the way.
We are seeking a passionate Front End Engineer to help us build our internal and customer-facing web applications such as the Knock.com website. We are looking for someone with strong views who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of home buyers and sellers buy or sell a home without risk, stress, and uncertainty.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Front End Software Engineer you will:
- Build and maintain compelling experiences for Knock’s internal and customer-facing web applications using ReactJS.
- Collaborate with design, product, engineering and other teams.
- Commit to best practices for testing, logging, and deployments.
- Strong sense of design and UX.
We’re looking for Knockstars who:
- Currently reside in the continental United States.
- Minimum of 3 years of full lifecycle software development experience in web technologies including coding, testing, troubleshooting and deployment.
- Strong desire to contribute to a rapidly growing startup and being comfortable with learning new tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of modern web browser internals including history, pop/push-state, localStorage, etc.
- Knowledge of engineering best practices and performance tuning.
- Experience with Node.js web servers and build systems (we use Next.js).
- Extra points if you have experience with React Native, Docker ecosystems, and container orchestration systems such as Amazon ECS or Kubernetes. This experience is not required, and if you do not have it, we would still encourage you to apply.
- You have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
What We Can Offer You:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- Talented & passionate teams disrupting the status quo.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and are open to any U.S. location for this role.
- This is a 100% remote, full-time career at Knock.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Denver with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 21 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.