Software Development Coach – Seneca Foundation (Contract/Contract to Hire – Remote)
Vail Systems is seeking a Software Development Coach that will assist onboarding for the Seneca Foundation’s inaugural cohort of software development interns. The training material will cover fundamentals that will be applicable in any software setting and additionally will train on information regarding how Vail uses these technologies to deliver software. Professionalism will also be included in the training program.
The Software Development Coach will develop a curriculum to teach participants of the Seneca Foundation (www.senecafoundation.org) intern program the basics of software development and DevOps, and how this foundation contributes to the bigger picture of what a software developer can do. The inaugural cohort of this program will be starting in September 2020.
This curriculum will include:
- Emphasis on why
- Emphasis on fundamentals
- Hands-on and discussion-based learning
- Differentiated instruction
What we need to see from you:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience in software development and technology training and instruction
- Experience with curriculum development
Vail’s processes and tools that will include:
Technologies will include:
- DevOps – Docker and Kubernetes (K8s)