Headquarters: New York, NY
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION EXCLUSIVELY FOR BRAZILIAN CITIZENS.
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com
More About The Engineering Team
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on our Integrated Services team, you will build web applications that can quickly expand to support different business services while ensuring an intuitive and seamless project delivery experience for our internal services teams. You should be able to operationalize a plan with minimal oversight. You will be instrumental in setting architectural direction with the team as we reorganize and build services to keep things manageable during this period of change.
You'll work closely with intelligent engineers, passionate product managers, and talented designers to find the best solution and be able to see feedback as we iterate through our more prominent features. We're looking for people interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learning new technologies as needed. You’ll work in a diverse team of remote professionals committed to working efficiently but correctly while engaging with each other despite the difference in location – something we pride ourselves on fostering.
The Senior Fullstack Role
- Write high-quality code in backend languages such as Kotlin (having knowledge of Ruby is a plus).
- Work as a front-end engineer at times to add new or tweak features on our internal client-facing portal.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of one or more technical areas.
- Provide support to any production issues on a rotation basis during US Business hours only. No nighttime or weekend pager duties.
- Help with system performance tuning.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- A high level of engagement, strong work ethic, and passion.
- A natural curiosity, a customer-focused mindset, soft skills, being quick on your feet, and a willingness to learn
- Have 5+ years of industry experience
- Possess solid architectural knowledge (Especially Microservice Architecture)
- Work in a statically typed language such as Java, Kotlin
- Have experience with relational databases (MSSQL, SQL, PSQL)
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with React with Redux
- Have experience with Ruby and/or Ember
- Understand and have used modern web frameworks or libraries (Spring, NextJS)
A broad spectrum of experience provides a great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways. If your background doesn't check all the boxes above, but you are passionate about engineering and learning, we’d still love to hear from you.
AlphaSights is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/alphasights-senior-fullstack-engineer-brazil-remote