For businesses running dynamic and complex networks that exceed efficient human operational scale, Kentik® is the provider of the first network intelligence platform for visibility, performance and security platform specifically designed for network professionals. Kentik uniquely unifies diverse data streams across cloud and traditional infrastructure to produce instant insights that accelerate network team efficiency, automate issue resolution, and create new business capabilities.
Kentik is central to the global operations of many of the world’s largest network infrastructure operators including IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom. Based in San Francisco, Kentik is venture funded and backed by tier 1 venture capital firms such as First Round Capital, Data Collective, August Capital, Third Point Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
About the role
Kentik is seeking a proven leader to fill a player-coach role on our small, but rapidly growing UI Engineering team. This team focuses on all of Kentik’s user-facing interfaces, both visual and programmatic. We aim to build simple, easy to use interfaces; but simple for users typically means engineered complexity under the hood.
Our platform ingests hundreds of billions of records and serves hundreds of thousands of queries for our users each day. You will gain experience building a production quality, high performance server-and-client SaaS application that handles uniquely high volumes of data.
We have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as a high level of independence and autonomy.
What to expect in this role
- Heavy individual contribution on both greenfield and maintenance projects, including bootstrapping large and/or new projects
- Providing thought leadership in the design and architecture of our product offerings
- Mentoring and leading a team of four to six engineers
- Driving engineering best practices both in process and in code via code reviews, testing, and documentation
- Daily collaboration with other development teams and our technical operations group
- Regular collaboration with Product Management to coordinate projects
- Regular collaboration with field engineering teams across the company to support our customers
- Participation in our recruiting and hiring process
Our Current Tech Stack
- React, MobX, Highcharts, d3, and Mapbox
Node.js, Express, and Bookshelf/Knex
- PostgreSQL, MySQL and Redis
What you bring
- Passion for pixel perfect, highly interactive user experiences
- The ability to efficiently debug and solve issues
- Deep experience with React, HTML and CSS
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization
- Experience with production Node.js (express)
- A solid understanding of SQL syntax, especially with PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Served as a technical/team lead or engineering manager
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, or hiring other engineers
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
Kentik brings together talented, dedicated and fun individuals from all over the world. Innovation after innovation, we collaborate across teams to continue to set the industry high-bar for network intelligence. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Kentik values diversity and inclusion and strives to make an impact well beyond our networking community. We offer highly competitive salaries, first-rate perks and benefits, and the chance to work at one of today's fastest-growing networking startups.
In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in joining the Kentik team and the UI Engineering team in particular.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/kentik-manager-ui-engineering