Pear Deck is founded by teachers on a mission to help educators engage their students. We create active learning solutions that leverage student devices to support formative assessment, meaningful engagement, and improved classroom equity.
We’re looking for someone who gets energy in a dynamic role, who would enjoy helping other developers with tools, monitoring our services in Kubernetes, and helping our team understand acute technical issues.
Things you may do on a given day:
- Stand up with the cross-functional product team and agree on top priorities for the day
- Monitor production systems for disruptions to valuable classroom time and react quickly
- Review a PR
- Fix a bug
- Make improvements to our CI/CD pipeline
- Talk with another dev about recent improvements to our internal tooling
- Identifying potential projects to cut our cloud spend
- Develop a plan to make monitoring or operational improvements
- Twiddle some knobs in the GCP console while building long-term IaC solutions
- Improve our workflow orchestration
Prior to this, it is likely you:
- Have worked well with non-technical leaders and technical leaders alike
- Worked with service-oriented architecture and other infrastructure patterns
- Used programming design patterns
- Have demonstrated honesty, determination, brilliance, and humility
About Pear Deck
Pear Deck is a five-year-old funded startup headquartered in Iowa City, IA, focused on delivering powerful learning moments to every student, every day. By joining Pear Deck at this stage in our growth, you will be getting in during an exciting time as we expand our team while maintaining our humanity. So, if you like the idea of working on a close-knit crew as we face the challenges of scaling both our customers and our team, this is the perfect time to jump in.
We value diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to join our team. We believe a wealth of perspectives helps Pear Deck serve its teachers better. If you’re interesting in joining us on our mission, apply on our website.