We are looking for a motivated student / junior level software engineer - who has a basic understanding of how blockchains and smart contracts work - to help us build custom Ethereum smart contracts. We will train you if you do not already have Ethereum smart contract experience. This is a part-time contracting position. Remote is totally fine.
At Upstate Interactive we provide a remote-first work-environment. We are a team of engineers located from New York to California whose highest aim is to write code that makes our clients lives easier. As a contractor with us, you will be working alongside our team and the client’s team to deliver on the requirements of the project.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with NodeJS/Express
- Experience with Front-end frameworks, preferably Angular
- High-level understanding of how Blockchains work, especially Ethereum
- Familiarity with cryptography and experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience with agile and test driven development
- Interest in blockchain and enthusiasm for working in a relatively new space
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of Web3 and Ethereum development tools (Truffle in particular)
- Familiar with developing Ethereum smart contracts written in Solidity
- Familiarity with and experience working with OpenZeppelin
- Familiarity with decentralized finance, upgradeable smart contracts, proxy patterns, and experience working with ZeppelinOS