As a Frontend Architect (m/f/d) at SimScale in Munich or remote, you will drive the frontend architecture, design and development to provide users with a high-performant, scalable and modern product that responsively works on any device. You will be active in the architectural design of the user interface and its implementation, mainly using TypeScript, and HTML5 with RESTful APIs.
You will ensure that the code is of highest quality, can be tested properly and can be easily added to a continuous integration system. You will work together with backend developers to achieve clear, clean and maintainable APIs. Working in the Scrum framework, you make sure that the frontend team builds on a solid architecture that fulfills functional requirements and is maintainable and scalable.
- 5 years of professional experience with developing large software systems in an agile, Linux-based environment
- Very good practical experience in the development of complex and scalable Web application frontends (including technologies like Continuous Delivery, Docker etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in writing clear, maintainable, scalable and testable code, including coverage for automated testing
- Very good skills in programming responsive user interfaces that communicate with RESTful APIs
- Strong ownership-attitude: you want to deliver and maintain solid parts of the product
- Excellent communication skills in English - written and verbal
- Experiences in technical mentoring or leadership
- A degree in Computer Science (or comparable)
- Data-driven mindset: you act on the insights from error- and usage-data
- A dynamic and result-driven personality with the express will of acting within an environment subject to constant and rapid change
- Affinity for IT security
- Additional language skills (e.g. German)
What you can expect from us
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- An independent, professional work environment
- Fun team events
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
Are you looking for a frontend development challenge, where you’ll be able to work with a top-notch web application frontend and can let your creativity flow freely without red-tape or layers of bureaucratic management?
Please submit your application with code examples or links to open source projects. Alternatively, you can provide a covering letter describing a specific complex project and solution, which you have worked on. We look forward to your application.