SemanticBits is looking for a talented Developer who is eager to apply computer science, software engineering, databases, and distributed/parallel processing frameworks to prepare big data for the use of data analysts and data scientists. You will deliver data acquisition, transformations, cleansing, conversion, compression, and loading of data into data and analytics models. You will work in partnership with Tech Lead and Business Analysts to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives. You are a practitioner of advanced data modeling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale. Expert in data management, data access (big data, data marts, etc.) and Scala/Spark programming. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- 5+ or more years in software development
- At least 3 years working with Scala and Apache Spark
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals: object-oriented design and programming, data structures, algorithms, databases (SQL and relational design)
- Demonstrable expertise with Scala, Spark, and wrangling of various data formats - Parquet, CSV, XML, JSON
- Experience with Agile methodology, using test-driven development.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Self-driven problem solver
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in technological or related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee's contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC - your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.