Fleek is a B2B Marketplace for wholesale second hand fashion. We enable professional resellers and retail stores to buy from vintage clothing suppliers around the world. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Y Combinator, and more.
Fleek is a set of funky individuals who find unity in diversity with the single mission of helping sustainability, promoting circular fashion while building a beautiful product experience.
Our 10 people team consists of ex-YC founders leading our engineering effort, ex-Uber & Doordash folks leading our operations and supply strategy. Alongside our Growth team is lead by folks who went to Cambridge, Oxford and UC Berkeley.
We employ AWS as our cloud provider and use technologies in OpenSearch, DataFlow and Lambda, Video streaming to build on top.
Our philosophy is to reuse where possible and innovate when we can add value.
Role specific details
Now that Fleek has a consistent user base of ~ 1000 MAU (each spending upwards of $1000/mo); there’s a need to evolve from an MVP to a product that can support scale & personalization.
- Responsible for developing and hands-on coding in our backend (AWS) and frontend (React Native) environment
- Evolve our rudimentary MVP into a sophisticated personalized marketplace software which is underpinned by using open technologies and efficient application of rules on top
- Implement a native P2P video experience for the video shopping experience
- Ability to communicate, guide and lead small software teams in terms of best practices in technology
How we work
- we move fast because there are small business owner who count on us. We have a duty to ship solutions for them and we can’t be lazy about it. Big things can also happen fast https://patrickcollison.com/fast
Collaborative - just like in sports, we focus on winning!
- 4+ years of experience with React.JS/ReactNative/Cotlin/Switft building out cross platform apps for iOS and Android
- Experience working in backend/cloud environments like AWS or GCP
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Having worked at a startup is a must!
We at Fleek believe in happy employees :-)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Exclusive employee clothing drops courtesy Fleek
- Flexible work hours & time off. We don’t care where you are as long as the work gets done
- Shared ownership: Being On Fleek means you’ll own a part of it