Headquarters: Wilmington, DE
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Drupal Front-End Engineer your day-to-day includes working closely with your project managers and technical leads; responding to support tickets, running updates and doing site configuration; creating and maintaining custom themes, modules, and documentation; and being a resource for your peers. You will be developing and maintaining sites while keeping yourself accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements, and high standards of quality.
If you love perfectly linted sass files; getting all green on Lighthouse tests, and creating websites that can be navigated by screen, keyboard, or voice, we want you on our team!
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of Drupal sites.
- Prioritizing tasks between projects, project managers, and clients.
- Contributing to the technical design of sites, features, and functionality.
- Writing correct and clean custom themes and modules and consistently using best practices.
- Working with git-flow and pipeline automation to commit your code regularly.
- Communicating regularly with your team about task estimates and progress and identifying potential problems.
- Using documented user stories, technical requirements, data models, and process flows in your development work.
- Problem-solving, collaborating and asking questions proactively.
- Fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect with your team and on your projects.
- Helping to formulate effective, responsive designs and turning them into working Drupal themes
- Integrating Drupal themes with atomic/pattern design systems like Storybook
- Working closely with other developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation
- Developing and enhancing custom Drupal themes by architecting code that adheres to platform, community, and company standards and best practices
- Collaborating with your colleagues to leverage and contribute to the team's expertise
- Acting as a sounding board, subject matter expert, and peer review point for your team
- Problem-solving in both a team setting and individually as required by the project
- Remaining current with industry trends and best practices
- Providing accurate and timely accounting and reporting of own work
- Identifying and communicating scope creep, changes, and roadblocks that may impact your projects proactively
- Exhibiting strong communication and collaboration skills
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $66,100 - $91,300 - the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- 2+ years of experience developing responsive, accessible, performant, and user-friendly web solutions in Drupal
- Experience working within an agency environment and with remote teams.
- Experience identifying and surfacing potential project issues.
- Inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with modern development tools and methods such as atomic and responsive design, git-flow, container-based environments, task runners, CSS preprocessors, IDEs, and CI/CD platforms.
- Able to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exposure to a variety of project management styles (waterfall, agile, scrum).
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Agency experience required
- Experience with WordPress is a bonus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/kanopi-studios-drupal-front-end-engineer