Bleacher Report is the #1 sports media brand that defines sports culture by capturing and creating the moments that matter with a mission to make it as easy as possible to be a sports fan. Our love of sports goes way beyond stats and standings, fueling top engagement across all social channels and through our own industry-leading B/R app. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
About the role/What you'll be doing...
B/R is seeking a temporary quality editor to review content (text, video, social) for placement in high-profile programming channels, such as the site’s home page, the B/R app and major social platforms, to supplement coverage during a busy two-month period.
Quality editors are responsible for reviewing all content bound for these channels, assuring the highest quality in regard to writing mechanics, analytical arguments, factual/statistical support, copy editing, multimedia elements and formatting prior to approval.
Quality editors must also communicate efficiently and effectively across teams to fix substantive issues. Successful candidates will possess the right balance of sports expertise, prior editing experience, familiarity with established editorial standards and practices, exceptional communication skills, and dedication to the team's mission to grow and protect the
site. All candidates will have to pass an editing test to be considered for an interview.
This is a temporary position requiring full-time hours and a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work nights and weekends. A successful candidate would be expected to work from home.
Interested applicants should submit a resume AND a cover letter describing their specific qualifications for the position. Applicants who do not include a cover letter with their resume will not be considered.
Experience you need…
- Prior editing experience in sports journalism
- Expert knowledge in all or most of the major U.S. and European sports covered by Bleacher Report
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with all forms of digital and social media; ability to quickly fact-check content and evaluate the credibility of source material
- Positive attitude, patient demeanor and ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing attention to detail
- Proficiency with the following (or similar) resources: Gmail, Slack, Google Hangout, Google Docs/Forms
- Degree in journalism, English, communication studies or related field
Bonus points for...
- Prior writing experience in sports journalism
- Direct prior experience or familiarity with Bleacher Report content, writers and programming channels (B/R app, social media pages, site homepage, newsletters, etc.)
Bleacher Report is a division of WarnerMedia, LLC. Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.