We know that during this time there are concerns around the actuality of hiring needs, we want to assure you that this job is posted for a current need that we are eagerly looking to fill. We would love to see your application!
Smile, developer of the B2B SaaS productivity tool TextExpander, is looking to add a self-motivated Frontend Software Engineer to our growing team.
Bring your passion for crafting an amazing frontend experience to our TextExpander SaaS product, with the aim of delighting our customers. You’re no stranger to building well-designed, performant and effective frontend web applications that support complex flows. Our engineering team will rely on your technical expertise to take our frontend development to the next level.
You will start by learning from our current team and offerings to become intimately familiar with our codebase. As you improve your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute by adding features to our current app as well as greenfield development in React. Leverage your experience to develop tools that customers of all sizes use to manage their accounts while establishing best practices for web development and driving the team and the codebase to a higher level.
Who you are:
You’re comfortable working in a distributed environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well and can communicate and collaborate effectively.
You’re a problem solver. When a complex obstacle presents itself, you enjoy finding your way around it with maximum efficiency.
You’ve got a creative streak. You know what looks good and what doesn’t.
Work with our talented, internationally diverse, remote team as we learn, grow, and continually improve.
Please apply directly on our site at: https://smilesoftware.com/company/jobs/software-engineer-frontend/
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, testers, and designers to spec, write, test, and deploy code which brings our frontend to life
- Write frontend React code for Meteor / Node web applications
- Build and deploy aggregate test cases
- Work with our QA folks to test and validate your work
- Participate in and receive peer code reviews
- Work with other departments (Support, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success) to incorporate their feedback into the frontend experience
- Work with our DevOps team to deploy to development, QA, and production in a continuous integration environment
- Solid knowledge of React
- Expertise in building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging in a team development environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude, willingness to share with and learn from others
Tech needed for the job:
- High-speed, reliable Internet connection
Skills needed to succeed at Smile:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated, and comfortable with little supervision
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Highly detail-oriented
- Adaptable, able to learn and grow
- Reliable, smart, honest, organized, positive, personable (like us!)
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Automated UI testing
- Familiarity with MongoDB or other document databases
- Visual Studio Code
- Design and implementation for globalization
- Design and implementation of accessible products
- Remote work experience
- Experience with Git source control
- Comfort with Macintosh, Windows, and Chrome operating systems
- College education and/or previous relevant experience
- Familiarity with Meteor
- High level of autonomy in your role
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible schedule
- Work remotely
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (ICHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit-sharing plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Salary based on experience
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely-knit, geographically diverse company. We have proudly served our customers for over a decade.
At Smile, we embrace diversity. We strongly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply, even if they're not sure they meet all qualifications.
Smile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: software / engineer / frontend / react / remote / diverse / diversity / work from home / wfh