FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. With a flexible car subscription, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing startup to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will have an impact on software that will manage thousands of vehicles and customers on a daily basis. You have a chance to join the team early on and therefore work with modern serverless technologies independently, as well as shape FINN’s journey by your technical expertise.
- Flexibility to work either in our Munich office or remotely ±3 hours of the CET/CEST.
- Full visa and relocation support for you and your family.
- Possibility to work part-time instead of full-time and reduce a 40-hour-week to 80% (32 hours/week) or 60% (24 hours/week).
- Excellent fixed salary with equity participation of the company.
- Additional yearly development budget of 1,500€ and an enabling environment to enhance your skills.
- An open-minded community to be welcomed from day one and fun team events with amazing colleagues.
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Get one with our employee discount program.
- Work on customer-facing products: Join our User Acquisition team and shape the backend of our website visited by thousands of customers. Or, join our Operations team and build the technical foundation for a smooth customer journey. Together with your team, you will ship new features for our cloud platform.
- Share your technical expertise: Play a driving technical role in the Backend team. You will be able to share your technical knowledge and engineering best practices, as well as shape technical discussions to deliver the best possible solutions.
- You build it, you run it: Build features and take ownership for testing, deployment and monitoring of your code. Yes, we believe in Serverless!
- Do it, do it, automate it: Simplify, automate and optimize processes that are currently carried out manually using no-code tools as Make or Retool (20%) and solid hard code implementation (80%).
- Solid experience in software engineering of larger projects, preferably B2B, B2C or SaaS products.
- Ability to work with Serverless applications including continuous integration and testing.
- Highly comfortable setting up a local development environment, spinning up a Docker container on an AWS instance or resolving a couple of merge conflicts.
- Previous experience in an agile development team.
- Strong growth mind-set and the motivation to continuously improve self and team performance.
- Fluency in English.
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. Experience comes in many forms and we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with what we have listed. We'd love to hear from you!