MemberTraq is building software that helps labor unions and other member-based organizations serve their members better, build advocacy for their cause, and improve the lives of working Americans everywhere. Our firm is based in Austin, TX but we are a remote company and will consider applicants living anywhere in the U.S.
About the Sr. Software Engineer position
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will assist us with design, development, implementation, and support of our EMMA software platform. We are a small, highly collaborative team. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position.
- Participate in and contribute to product design sessions
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Prepare software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Provide support and consulting on software systems usage
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards
- Collaborate daily with other members of our development and support team
Technical Skill and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with MongoDB
- Experience working with Git or other version control system
- Experience in designing, testing, and documenting interactive applications
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and release processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum education requirements: BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- Experience in Meteor.js
- Experience developing software in Go, C, or C++
- Experience and familiarity with Atlassian development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins