Headquarters: Pittsburgh, PA
Function seeking a Senior Designer to join our Digital team.
Design and user experience are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of a Senior Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
In this Senior Designer role, you’ll lead the design direction on our new software product, Metro.
- Lead strategy and design for a end-to-end digital experience of our Metro software product
- Define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process
- Manage internal and external product design language systems
- Design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
You may fit this role if you’re excited to:
- Work closely with other designers to develop and expand product design patterns
- Help engineers and product managers define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products and campaigns
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical features
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion across product teams
- Consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to business model, when designing
- Articulate and defend conceptual, design, and directional choices
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Equip leaders with tools to build more just, healthy, and sustainable communities.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human–Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for popular web-based products (Sketch or Figma)
- 5+ years of work experience in a related field.
- Ability to translate high fidelity designs into html/css or are eager to learn
- MA/MS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Demonstrated HTML skills.
- Strong clean visual design sense.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Please submit a resume or CV along with a cover letter articulating your interest and experience. Please attach a selection of links demonstrating your design ability and showing the work most relevant to this role.
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year; comprehensive fully covered healthcare
Full-time, in-office or remote. Offices in Washington DC, Pittsburgh PA, and Raleigh NC.
Note: the selected candidate will start with a compensated 3 month trial; followed with a formal salaried offer and full benefits.
To apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/senior-designer-be7bd8056a145fb9