Headquarters: Pittsburgh, PA
Function seeking an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our Product team.
We're looking for someone to lead the development of our server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and managing the performance and responsiveness of well-built digital assets.
Ideal candidates will exhibit versatility, display leadership qualities, and are enthusiastic to tackle challenges across the full development stack, from quick prototypes to public software releases.
Most importantly, candidates are hungry to be a part of exciting projects to improve the health and wellness of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with leads, developers, and designers to create and maintain responsive and immersive front-end experiences
- Build new features
- Debug development and production issues across multiple browsers and devices
- Work towards improving code quality, internal tools/processes, and documentation
You may fit this role if you:
- Seek to learn new things, and enjoy both teaching others and being taught
- Enjoy building websites, web apps, and UIs
- Use web development tools, like npm/yarn, Nuxt/Next, Babel, and Webpack
- Can distinguish between SASS, PostCSS, and CSS-in-JS and have a preference
- Care deeply about the user experience, including performance and accessibility
- Pay strict attention to the details, and tend to obsess over them
- Understand when and how to add interactive elements, like animation
- Take production systems seriously, and expect others to do the same
- Know how to independently debug a complicated problem, and do so regularly
- Understand the importance of testing, and how to write good tests
- Value tight teamwork to achieve results that surpass a single individual’s contributions
- Understand that every product/project requires an array
- Familiarity with web standards (HTML5, CSS & DOM)
- Competency with mobile web and responsive design
- Experience with multi-lingual sites a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Independence, willingness to learn and problem solving skills are a must
- At least three years of related experience
- BA/BS in related field
- 3+ years of relevant software development industry experience
- Ability to translate Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator files into clean HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience working in a formal development environment (version control system, code review, documentation, unit testing)
- Bonus points for experience with React Native, webpack, and any CSS pre/post processor
Please submit a resume or CV along with a cover letter articulating your interest and experience.
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year; comprehensive fully covered healthcare
Full-time, in-office or remote. Offices in Washington DC, Pittsburgh PA, and Raleigh NC.
Note: the selected candidate start with a compensated 3 month trial; followed with a formal salaried offer and full benefits, if all parties agree.
To apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/front-end-engineer-80e3b664bcfa87d4