Ever since Kinsta’s establishment we have prioritized quality, future-proof and forward-thinking development. Our focus on the latest technologies, code refactoring, ownership and the importance of domain knowledge has helped us grow each individual within our team.
We are looking for a Senior Developer Trainer with experience in training teams of 20+, both in groups and individually, and imparting technical and domain knowledge alike.
Your goal will be to make development more effective through better onboarding, more efficient knowledge flow to team members and lifelong learning. You will be tasked with overseeing, expanding and improving our existing training pipelines in service of this goal. Some key areas are:
- Tracking developer progression, identifying team knowledge bottlenecks, as well as individual goals and helping developers grow in those areas.
- Onboarding and initial training of new team members to give them the necessary technical skills, domain knowledge and soft skills.
- The efficient training of our code school pipeline where our goal is to find driven students and give them the tools they need to become great developers at Kinsta.
We strongly emphasize the importance of ownership paired with wide decision making capabilities. We are building a team of leaders and this is something we want to instil at every level.
At the moment we are looking for applicants who live and work in the USA or Canada and speak English as a first language.
We make a conscientious effort to use the latest and most powerful technologies and to keep them running on the latest stable version available.
The most notable items on the list are: React, Node, GraphQL, SQL, NoSQL, Express, Webpack, Babel, TypeScript, Jest, Storybook, Git, Heroku, Docker, Stripe.
- Experience training teams of 20+ with a wide range of knowledge, both in groups and individually.
- Deep understanding of the software creation process.
- Ability to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, and confidently teach them to developers.
- High level knowledge of and experience with JS, latest ES methodologies and concepts, TypeScript, React, Node.js, Github, development patterns and testing patterns.
The following items are not requirements but would ensure a shallower learning curve in this position:
- High level knowledge of Babel, Express, GraphQL, Webpack, Docker.
- Experience with web hosting, server infrastructure or server management.
- Experience with payment processing (Stripe), customer support tools (Intercom).
- Experience working in multilingual teams.
- A dynamically growing international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact.
- We have an amazing design (UI and UX) team so development receives fully researched and designed tasks.
- Our positions offer a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it's like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.