Headquarters: Lincoln, NE
You want to work on something fun and make a living in the process—we get it.
We're out to build the most kickass camera app and cloud photo storage service for contractors—and to have a good time doing it. Our hard work is paying off and we're one of the fastest growing apps for roofers, remodelers, plumbers, HVAC professionals, and the like. But, we don't take ourselves too seriously, and to be honest, we won't take you too seriously either.
If you're into the whole not-too-serious thing, but also enjoy building awesome stuff, please get in touch.
- Want to join a fast-moving, ever-changing startup with our Story, Values, and Perks.
- Have proven your ability in UI design, specifically for web apps or mobile apps. Bonus points if you have B2C experience!
- Know how to meet customer needs while also achieving business goals.
- Are a generalist: you'll own UX/UI Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design, and Interface Copy for your projects.
- Have experience conducting plenty of user interviews and diving into data. You use those tools alongside your design intuition to arrive at easy-to-use solutions for users.
- Are a great communicator - you can solicit, manage, and appropriately respond to feedback from stakeholders, users, and fellow designers.
- Can code a bit. Currently, our designers write all the markup and CSS/Sass, while working directly in a React.js or React Native environment.
- Don't mind spending time on both discovery and delivery. No "throwing it over the wall" here: you'll work directly alongside engineers to ship your designs.
- Can take the chaos of multiple inputs from customers and stakeholders and simplify that into well-designed solutions.
- Are excited to work within a combination of Basecamp's Shape Up methodology and Marty Cagan's Empowered Product Team or Inspired philosophy.
- Can largely manage your own tasks - our engineers and designers set their own priorities every day to ensure they hit their assigned objectives.
- Have a growth mindset.
- Are a fast-growing startup with big plans for the future.
- Don't take ourselves too seriously: work isn't the most important thing in life.
- Embrace change. We'll be a different company a year from now, and a different one a year after that.
- Have a passion for excellence.
- Will pay you well and give you meaningful equity, along with health insurance and other benefits.
- Will treat you like an adult and let you take as much time off as you need if you're getting work done.
- Have a great, soon-to-be-custom-remodeled office in the Lincoln Haymarket but love working remotely too with quality webcams, Zoom, and other great conference room equipment. About 1/3 our product+engineering team is fully remote.
To apply: http://careers.companycam.com/product-designer/en/apply