PRI is a close-knit team of smart, creative professionals. We love what we do, and we love to write about it. We're looking for candidates who understand that development is about more than strong PHP, Drupal and WordPress skills, but creativity and attention to detail. We involve our developers in all aspects of our projects – therefore we’re looking for self-starters and passionate thinkers who can provide valuable ideas upfront and ensure that design concepts can be implemented effectively.
Who are we? We're a well-respected digital agency based out of New Jersey. Known for our deep strategic thinking, we create comprehensive web experiences than span across channels (web, mobile and social). Innovation is at the core of our colleague relationships and client work – not just for the sake innovation, but to elevate the end users’ experiences and exceed our clients’ unique goals.
This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
Are you a developer who...
While we value your back-end development skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally as important. That said, we’re looking for a candidate with the following characteristics:
- Someone who enjoys collaborating, growing and pushing the boundaries of development; this person knows that there is always a better way to develop
- A highly motivated self-starter, eager to adopt new technologies and apply creative thinking to technology-related challenges
- A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- An excellent communicator with a sense of humor
- A digital detective with the ability to catch problems before they occur
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with clients and PRI team members on engagements to deliver exceptional designs, code, consulting, and advice.
- Participate in and contribute to peer design/code reviews and project stand-ups.
- Evangelize design/development/process best practices to PRI's clients and the community.
- Engage with the open source community via code contributions, projects, presentations, blog posts, etc.
- Estimating effort required to implement technical functionality.
- Attending client on-sites.
- The ability to present yourself to others in a way that represents PRI well.
- Enthusiasm, personality, teamwork and a positive attitude count tremendously. Serious candidates will be sure to include an introductory video with their application.
Your experience and expertise...
We don't care as much about years of experience as we do your talent and passion. But here is the type background you should have:
- Proficient in designing and delivering assets via HTML/CSS.
- CSS preprocessors.
- Task runners.
- HTML5 APIs.
- Web content management systems.
- REST web services.
- Developing responsive web and/or mobile applications.
- Creation of and adherence to best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strategic thinker that often anticipates problems before they occur.
- Object-oriented patterns.
- Strong Drupal theming.
- Wordpress theming.
- Agile project management methodologies.
- Git and GitHub pull request/code review workflows.
- Designing, developing and maintaining front-end component libraries or style guides.