As a Senior Web Developer you will assist in the development of the Ario web technologies. You will have the opportunity to work with world-class applications in the exciting, emerging field of augmented reality. We’re a growing startup, so we’re looking for someone that will jump right in with our new growth initiatives. The position will work out of our headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia, where the waterfront meets business. It’s a wonderful location to live, work and play.
Experience // Responsibilities
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows, such as Flux, Redux, or MobX
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Tokens
- TypeScript / NodeJS development
- Work with version control systems such as GIT
- Help architect front and back end systems
- Work on solutions for containerized or on-premise solutions
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- You’re data-driven with a commitment to the process
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented culture
- You’re well organized and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure
- You’d consider yourself a strong team player and proactive contributor
We’re located in downtown Norfolk, VA with 16th floor views of the Norfolk Harbor and plenty of windows and sunlight. Located steps from the Norfolk Tide Light Rail you’ll find coming and going from our headquarters easy, but if you prefer to drive we provide paid parking onsite. Our location is immensely walkable to countless restaurants and venues. We want you to be comfortable and have the tools you need to succeed. We’ll hook you up with a brand new Macbook or PC and noise canceling headphones of your choice. We’ll also provide one of those nifty standing desks if you’d like. We want you to be healthy and happy. We offer health insurance options (and we’ll even pay for part of it!), a fitness contribution and 3 weeks off to start. Through the co-working space we participate in you’ll have access to a podcast booth, showers, local fresh-brewed coffee, wellness/ mother’s room and more.
Ario is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Ario is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Interested? Let's talk!