Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyber attacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
Contrast is looking for an architect enthusiastic and proficient in front-end technologies such as ReactJS and AngularJS and server-side API development written in Java/Spring interested in pursuing a life changing experience in the field of application security and continuous delivery. We are an exciting, young team that is growing leaps and bounds each month. This person should take a wholistic view of our application architecture with sincere attention to quality, performance, scalability, security and maintainability.
This team is tasked with the unique opportunity to advance our runtime and pre-compile code analysis capabilities. This includes providing enhanced techniques to improve the accuracy, findings and reporting of code analysis. It will also include driving and leading the next generation of product and offerings to make the Contrast platform the choice for code analysis tools among developers and security professionals.
Ideal candidates have a background building highly scalable and responsive Single Page Applications (SPAs) using ReactJS, CSS/Bootstrap, visualization libraries such as D3, HighCharts or AMCharts, as well as other SVG based visualization plugins. We write a lot of GraphQL to interact with our REST layer to improve performance and data interaction.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member of the team has joined us over our 6 year history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the startup experience. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of.
- Collaborate with UX, Product and Engineering to architect elegant APIs, Data Models and Re-usable JS functions
- Provide overarching design of testability and acceptance.
- Define and direct team in the area of Performance, Scalability and Security.
- Build and maintain highly scalable server-side UI processes for the purpose of data collection, manipulation, data pruning, trending and analytics
- Build web-based interfaces and applications and contribute to our platforms, style guide, APIs and libraries.
- Experience with at least one of the following frameworks: AngularJS, ReactJS, Ember.js
- Execute performance analysis and optimization of page render, data transfers and page load optimizations.
- Proficient designing highly tuned and efficient automated build pipelines.
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews and pull requests prior to commit.
- Work with design and product teams to build amazing, jaw-dropping features.
- Give back to the Open Source Community whenever humanly possibly.
- Deploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure.
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customer have issues, we have to jump in and give them help.
- Experience architecting modern, scalable and high-performing full-stack web applications
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You have experience working in Java/Spring to design and implement robust and scalable APIs.
- Stellar visual skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with TypeScript and GraphQL.
- Data management experience with MySQL and ElasticSearch
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, JUnit, StoryBook, etc...
- AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- Your code is clean, your designs are elegant and you are constantly refactoring.
- Multiple years experience working in Enterprise or Commercial Software development.
- Own your work. Whether a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- A fun and dynamic environment where you work with other like minded people on products which make a real difference to the security of our customers
- In-office lunches
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
If you're amazing but missing some of these, we'd love for you to apply anyway. Please include a link to your Github or BitBucket account, as well as any links to some of your projects if available. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us. We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it. Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.